Wednesday, July 13, 2011


July Block: Dresden Plate

With everyone so busy with summer fun, I wanted to do a easy-peasy block for July: Dresden Plate. I love the 4th of July so these blocks are all red, white, and blue. Make them with a straight or pointed top, quarter blocks, half blocks or full blocks. Add fabric from your stash if you want as long as it is red/white/blue.

These blocks are super easy to make. Check out this video if you have never made one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcy_p4pryE4

Have fun with this block, no stressing!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy, I'm out of the state until the 3rd of August. Depending on JetLag I'm planning on sew night the 4th, but for sure the meeting on the 10th. Hopefully I can grab fabric at that time. I'm excited to try a dresden. That vid is pretty helpful actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bee has been a great challenge for me. First time doing an applique (of the center circle) and the first time using decorative stitches on my machine!

    ReplyDelete