1. Wonky Star block for Rachel, 2. Ring of Wonky Stars, 3. RBQB: Marissa 1, 4. Wonky Star #2 for Karrie, 5. quick peek - blocks for Minty - wonky stars, 6. process pillow 3, 7. it's finally coming together!, 8. Bumblebees, Bee Europe, Wonky stars, 9. Bee Block for Janice #1 - Fresh Modern Bee, 10. Wonky star block idea 1, 11. Wonky Star 2 Bee Addicted 3, 12. EMQG mug rug swap, 13. Wonky Stars diagram, 14. Wonky star block idea 5, 15. Wonky star block idea 3, 16. Wonky star block idea 6
Plus here is one that I have done already...
just to practice & make sure this was really what I wanted...it is!
As you can see TONS of inspiration. I have been wanting to do a wonky star quilt for quite some time, so guess what...you all get to help. The wonky star directions above from Flickr are really great, I tried them out just to see if they work...they do! : )
- I would like the white background.
- Any size goes...long, skinny, fat, however you want to make them. I will work them all together when I get them back.
- Make as many blocks as you like (1, 10, whatever LOL)
- Make sure there is wonk involved. NO perfection needed! : )
- Each package has a main fabric that HAS to be used in the block. It is the biggest piece of fabric besides the background.
- If you have a selvage in your package, please use it.
- I put in tons of scraps, but feel free to add some of your own if you really want to.
- Fussy cut if you like, the main fabric is just calling out for that!
In the mosaic above are some great guildines, she has them on Flickr if you need some guidance. Here are some more tutes at thesillyboodilly and sewtakeahike and circle of wonky stars and maverick stars and tiny wonky star...need I go on...there are tons of tutes out there, all a little different than each other and fun to try!
The scraps are yours to keep...so stash away!